Monday, October 5, 2009

{from london}


At Marble Arch

Hello fellow Escargo Officers, and everyone!

It seems like we've all been trying to get a hold of uni life so much that we haven't been posting! I've been away from the computer for I think almost a week now but found out that I'm only the third among us to blog. No problem! To be honest though, I (still) have some time on my hands as I haven't started uni yet. We had some informal events this weekend, tomorrow's everyone's first official meeting with their departments (I think) and proper studying starts on the 12th. And oh, a mechanics test on Wednesday which everyone has to pass either then or next month.

We weren't intentionally looking depressed. It just happened.

On one of the red buses out of Central London (went to IKEA)

Norfolk Square, outside of Brunei Hall

So that's all I'll talk about, academically, for now.. Alright! This afternoon, while I was jogging through the picturesque Kensington Gardens, I felt inspired to blog here for Escargo. And so I walked the 20 minutes from our flat to Brunei Hall, to get a hold of the internet 'cause our broadband hasn't arrived yet. Mentioning that, I must say my life at present, and for the past week, has been centred around Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Literally.

Hyde Park & Kensington Gardens from the sky.
Green dot: Brunei Hall, yellow: home, red: Imperial College (hope you can see them!)

Picture this: Hyde Park's in the middle. From the northeast corner to the north is Edgware Road, with shops you'd expect to find more in Lebanon than London. To the east is Oxford Street, still affordable.. And where these three (Hyde Park, Edgware Road and Oxford Street) meet is where our flat is: Marble Arch. To the south of Hyde Park are Imperial College and the museums. To the north are Bayswater and Paddington, where Brunei Hall is located and where I am typing from now. So yeah, everything's centred nicely around the Park. Walking through the Park can either be a shortcut or a longcut, depending on how you see it!

Waiting for the No. 10 to Exhibition Road

Managing a bite at (probably) the newest addition to the Malaysian cuisine scene in London: Delima

Home

Thanks Zimo for letting me use your pics. Oh you don't know yet haha.

Royal Albert Hall, which is just outside the College, from south, by night.

My address would be:
64 Cumberland Court
Great Cumberland Place
London W1H 7DQ

Phone: +447518605654

Cheers mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment