Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm on leave

Sorry for not coming to you on time; I'm nearly a month late. I've got my driving licence, and everything seems to be fine. There isn't much to say, as I have been very seclusive and secretive. I'm in this phase where I'm leaving stuff behind and going on to a new phase of life (Think about leaving schooling life!). Things now seem different. They're very unpredictable, the things that are going to happen in the near future. Certainly it has got something to do with my attitude at facing things. I barely pay attention to stuff nowadays as sometimes I think that there is nothing better to do than being ignorant. But I'll recharge later. I think I deserve the break. I'll come back to some serious stuff in late January so I was thinking of how freely I could do things in this period of time. And maybe it is on this basis that today's me is being shaped. But as I said earlier, I will re-mould myself into normal shape as soon as the important stuff come back again.

Nothing to say about Brunei. It's been raining. Lots of it. Well I have to say something about Brunei, specifically Belait. Have you heard about the 2000 terraced houses scheme in the Mumong/Panaga boundary area? Seems like there is progress. A few observances I have noted are that the walls aren't made of bricks, rather from cement. I suppose they have this cement mould or something of that sort, maybe a template, that you fix onto the land or foundation of the house and you start filling it with that liquid concrete and wait till it dries. Or maybe they use concrete slabs and blocks and cement them together. Or any other method that is cheap and maybe cost-effective that produces a result of certain quality, that stuff. The second thing that I have noted is that the beams don't look thick. They have a sample display house though and it looks modern (though cheap). But we will never know how things will turn out when the houses reach 5 years old. You might well know about houses that look top-notch (whatever the idiom is) initially but then gets damaged due to the weather and gets all sorts of problems within a few years. So we'll see what will happen.

Just to notify, I am on leave. Will be back in February. Do not hesitate to read the Brunei Times on their website when I'm away. Or when I am not away. Or both.

Cheers

Office Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment